What is the Writing Support Lab
The Writing Support Lab is a FREE resource for all current Columbus Tech students. We will help you with your writing or reading assignment in any class. We provide one-on-one instruction in our center in Patrick Hall (room P-602).
Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
What we can do:
- Help you plan your essay based on the assignment instructions given by your teacher.
- Brainstorm ideas to get started on an assignment.
- Review your draft for organization, focus, and good research methods.
- Teach you to avoid plagiarism by using correct research and documentation techniques.
- Identify and teach you about grammatical errors common to your writing.
- Assist you with MLA, APA, and Turabian/Chicago style.
- Give you assistance with your writing even if you are an online-only or hybrid student.
- Demonstrate critical reading skills.
- Encourage you to enjoy writing and discover your own writing process.
What we don’t do:
- We WILL NOT proofread or “fix” your paper for you. We are a center for one-on-one instruction in writing, not a proofreading service.
- We WILL NOT tell you what grade we think your assignment will earn in your class.