Accreditation is a rigorous process conducted by the body, which governs an activity, such as the American Medical Association and doctors, certifying that the graduates of that program meet the standards set forth by the governing body. It is a way to hold institutions accountable for the quality of their programs. Accreditation allows other colleges and universities to whom our graduates apply to be assured that our programs are properly structured and are taught by properly credentialed faculty.
Columbus Technical College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the Associate Degree. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Columbus Technical College.
Program Accreditation Certification
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certifies the Automotive Technology Program.
- The Commission on Dental Accreditation of the American Dental Association accredits the Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting programs.
- The Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA) accredits the Dental Hygiene and Dental Assisting programs.
- The Health Information Technology (HIT) Program is pending accreditation review by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
- The Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)accredits the Medical Assisting Program on recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation for Medical Assistant Education.
- The Georgia Board of Examinees of Registered Nurses approves the Associate Degree in Nursing Program and the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Incorporated, accredits the program.
- The Georgia Medical Care Foundation approves the Patient Care Assisting Program.
- As part of the Patient Care Assisting Program, the Georgia Health Partnership (GHP) accredits the Certified Nurse Aide course.
- The National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission, Incorporated, accredits the Practical Nursing Program. The Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Practical Nurses also approves the Practical Nursing Program.
- The Respiratory Care Program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Respiratory Care (www.coarc.com):
1248 Harwood Road
Bedford, Texas 76021-4244
The program was awarded initial accreditation status, which will expire on September 30, 2014.
- The The Commission on the Accreditation of Allied Health Programs (CAAHEP)
1361 Park Street
Clearwater Fl 33756
(727) 210-2350 www.caahep.org
accredits the Surgical Technology program on the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting
6West Dry Creek Circle,
Littleton Co. 80120
- The Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology – JRCERT (20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850, Chicago, IL 60606-3182) accredits the Radiologic Technology Program.